The laser carbon peel is a fast and painless procedure done to help improve the look of skin.
It’s used primarily by people with oily skin, acne, and enlarged or clogged pores. This treatment is also beneficial if you’re starting to see the effects of sun damage to your skin.
Laser carbon peels are not for everyone. In this article, we’ll go over the benefits and effectiveness of this procedure so that you can best determine if this treatment is the right one for you.
What are the benefits of a laser carbon peel?
Laser carbon peels deeply exfoliate skin. They also help stimulate collagen production.
Laser carbon peels are used to treat:
- acne pigmentation
- acne scarring
- enlarged and clogged pores
- fine lines and wrinkles
Chemical peels also treat these skin conditions, but here are some of the main differences between the two:
laser carbon peels use heat instead of chemicals for results
laser carbon peels require no down time
people with sensitive skin or skin conditions like eczema will usually experience less redness and irritation after a carbon peel than from a chemical peel
What’s aftercare like for a laser carbon peel?
Here are some do’s and don’ts for laser carbon peel aftercare:
- Treat your skin gently after getting a laser carbon peel by continuing to moisturize daily.
- It’s normal to see some flaking or experience dryness for a few days,
- Use sunscreen regularly with at least SPF 30+ for several days after treatment.
- Don’t use any products containing retinol for at least five days after treatment.
- Do not exfoliate or use any abrasive or invasive skin treatments for at least one week.
- If you have oily skin, use products designed to combat acne to maintain optimum results.
- Use products containing collagen, collagen supplements, or follow a collagen-boosting diet if you have photoaged skin or fine lines.
How effective is a laser carbon peel?
Laser carbon peels are typically very effective for improving the look of oily skin and large pores. If you have severe acne or acne scarring, it may take several treatments before you see full results. Fine lines and wrinkles should also be visibly diminished after one or more treatments.
What are the side effects of a laser carbon peel?
Apart from a slight reddening of the skin and a tingling sensation, there should be no side effects after a laser carbon peel.
It’s important to have this procedure done by an experienced and licensed professional. This will help to ensure the safety of your skin and eyes as well as provide optimal results.
Laser carbon peels can refresh and improve the look of skin, and they’re best for people with oily skin, enlarged pores, and acne. People who have minor wrinkling and photoaging may also benefit from this treatment.
Laser carbon peels are painless, and require no recovery time. Other than mild and temporary redness, there are no reported side effects.